Saturday, June 15, 2013

Slimy: Addendum


Further reinforcing my concerns, and my observation that there may be some sort of shell game or empire building going on, I open the local paper this morning only to see this advertisement for a newly created management level position in the City of Chico. Again, either we are in financial dire straits, or we're not. We don't eliminate management positions to save money, and then create new management positions....and if that is our intent, it should be done all together at one time with the other proposed changes....not quietly, and out of context with the other changes.

Here is the link to the job (cut and paste to your browser):

http://www.chico.ca.us/human_resources_and_risk_management/
job_opportunities/EconomicDevelopmentManager.asp

Now, this makes me wonder what other similar moves are pending. Again, it's time to stop this train and put everything on the table before anything is finalized. I remain concerned!!

1 comment: